In August I visited Hollywood, Los Angeles for a week with my travel buddy Emma to see the touristy sites and just relax before flying back home to Australia. With many, many hotel options and areas of Hollywood to stay narrowing it down was difficult. Last time I visited Hollywood (in December 2013) I stayed in West Hollywood, so was wanting to stay somewhere different. We decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood because of its close proximity to Hollywood attractions like the Walk of Fame and Chinese Theatre yet was also a convenient distance away from other things we had planned such as Universal Studios and Warner Brothers Studios Tour.
This is why we chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood and why you should definitely consider it as an accommodation choice when visiting Hollywood:- This hotels location is a huge selling point being a short stroll to Hollywood Boulevard, many restaurants and cafes and shops. We checked in quite late but hotel staff were incredibly friendly, had our room ready and a staff member took our bags to our room for us which is always a pleasure (I hate lugging a suitcase around!). We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds on the 5th floor of the hotel, although our room view wasn’t anything special, just a view of the parking lot and part of the pool. The room was very spacious however, fitting both our beds, a desk and TV cabinet, mini fridge and side tables along with our suitcases easily. The bathroom was also great with a huge mirror which always makes girls happy.
- Location, location, location!
- Spacious guest rooms and comfortable bedding
- Free wi-fi throughout the entire hotel
- Room service has a good selection for lunch and dinner
- Incredibly friendly staff! I wish I could recall the name of the Asian front desk staff member that helped us throughout our entire stay, but he was by far the greatest hotel staff member I have encountered.
- Outdoor pool is nice and the Hollywood sign is cute above it
- 24 hour Pavillion Pantry market is great for those snack and midnight food cravings and all your basic necessities
- Fitness room
- Coin laundry facilities
- Business centre and meeting facilities
- Parking is quite expensive per night
- Breakfast room service is not available however, the restaurant serves a good variety of food for its continental breakfast
- Air conditioning/Heating unit is quite loud, especially when your bed is next to it
The last word
As previously mentioned, the location of this hotel is a huge aspect in choosing to stay here. The staff are also some of the friendliest I have come across and more than happy to provide directions, restaurant tips or assistance during your stay. There are multiple bedding options in the hotel as well to suit a range of group sizes. This is the hotel for you if you are wanting to stay quite central in Hollywood, close to all the touristy sites, restaurants and shopping. This hotel is also great for business guests with meeting rooms, business centre and wi-fi hotel wide. Perhaps do some more research if you are on a tight budget as this hotel isn’t the cheapest, however, for its location, it is quite reasonable. Also, perhaps look for a hotel with a parking package if you are staying for a lengthy time with a car, parking isn’t cheap.
Overall, my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood was comfortable, convenient and enjoyable and this hotel should definitely be considered by anyone wanting to visit this area.
Check out the Hilton Garden Inn Hollywood at 2005 N. Highland Avenue, Los Angeles, California, 90068, USA
All posts are by Global Whispers 2014 and are entirely my own opinions, views and experiences.