When planning my holiday to California and being a HUGE Disney fan since I can remember, I knew Disneyland had to be on my list of attractions and places to visit. After doing research of hotels in the Anaheim area, we (my travel buddy Emma and I) chose to stay at the Anaheim Marriott hotel.
But what made me choose this hotel over all the others located in the Anaheim/Disneyland area?
Location wise this hotel was perfect. Only 3 blocks away from Disneyland, a shuttle service to and from the Disneyland resort just outside the hotel in the street and walking distance to many restaurants and shops, the Marriott was a fantastic choice.
Our room on the 14th floor was fantastic and had a view of the California Screamin’ roller coaster and Mickey’s Fun Wheel Ferris Wheel in California Adventure Park which were beautiful lit up at night. The room was incredibly spacious with a large window, 2 double beds, a study desk and television (other bedding and room requirements are available). The bathroom was also great with a shower/tub to save space (much like most American hotels).
- Location to Disneyland, California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney and the Anaheim Convention Centre
- Views of Anaheim area from high floors
- Having both Indoor and outdoor pool areas
- Many television channels to choose from for free
- Friendly and helpful staff to assist with your every need
- Restaurants are great with a large variety of food choice and cuisine types
- Hotel itself is aesthetically pleasing with beautiful water fountains on the outside of the hotel and marble floored lobby area
- Gift shop has much to offer including basic snacks, merchandise, magazines and basic medicines
- WiFi is only free in the hotel lobby and is charged per 24 hours
- Mostly unlucky than a negative, but we were both overcharged upon check in for our stay, although once we raised this to the staff they were great at helping us resolve this issue
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to be in a prime Anaheim location. Families, couples and solo travellers are all easily accommodated in this hotel. Anyone travelling for business purposes would also enjoy a stay here as it is across the road from the Anaheim Convention Centre and has a great business centre inside the hotel. If you’re looking for a little luxury and comfort, this hotel also ticks those boxes.
Search for accommodation elsewhere if you are after a cheap, bargain stay, as you pay top dollars for the prestigious Marriott brand and its incredible hotels.
Overall, this hotel was a fantastic choice and great beginning for my California trip thanks to its comfort, convenience and relaxing vibe.
Have a look at the Anaheim Marriott at 700 West Convention Way, Anaheim, California, 92802, USA
All posts are by GlobalWhispers2014 and are entirely my own opinions, views and experiences.