When researching hotel accommodation for Cancun in Mexico, I found that majority of the hotels were actually all-inclusive resorts. Having never stayed anywhere all-inclusive before, I definitely did plenty of research before deciding that Fiesta Americana Condesa was my top pick.
But why did I pick this hotel/resort and did it live up to my expectations?
After 7 weeks in the freezing cold winter of the Canada and the U.S.A. plus an abnormal Polar Vortex in the more recent parts of this particular trip (New York & Washington, D.C.) a warm Mexican winter was definitely what was needed at the end of the holiday. Admittedly, splitting the cost of this hotel (around US$400 per night) was easier between 3 of us, however even for the solo traveller this all-inclusive hotel is worth every dollar (or Peso).
- All Inclusive really is exactly that!
- Hotel is absolutely beautiful, greeted by a giant Tiki hut upon arrival, beach views and stunning pool area
- Day trips and activities are easy to book with Aquaworld reps at the hotel and their shop/office just across the road
- Friendly and professional staff
- Champagne greeting upon arrival
- Spa treatments are a-ma-zing!
- Conveniently located along the hotel strip
- Many food choices (4 restaurants, 2 lounge bars and food huts)
- Room service is average
- There are exclusions to all-inclusive (albeit not many)
- US$100 fee if you lose your all-inclusive wristband
- More unlucky than a negative, the day before leaving our safe would not open and it took multiple staff members to break it open
The Final Word
Fiesta American Condesa has definitely earned its reputation. Honestly, there are few negatives because this hotel is fantastic all-inclusive luxury. I have already recommended it to friends and I don’t hesitate to recommend it to all of you!
If you are looking for luxury, a honeymoon location or seeking relaxation this resort definitely delivers. With its privacy, relaxing atmosphere allowing you to de-stress whilst providing some of the most amazing photo opportunities you need not look anywhere else.
Avoid this resort if you are on a tight budget as luxury does cost a tad more or wanting to party as the hotel is more relaxation and family based, bars and nightclubs aren’t in the resort.
Finally, this resort has set the bar incredibly high for all-inclusive packages and for hotel/resorts stays in Cancun for me in the future.
Check out Fiesta Americana Condesa – Kukulkan Blvd kilometer 16.5, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
All posts are by GlobalWhispers2014 and are entirely my own opinions, views and experiences.